Friday, January 28, 2011

Versatility of an Idea

Amazingly malleable things, ideas are. Beautiful really.

Just completed finishing touches on my modified lesson plan. The IEP I was given was for a gifted student.

This assignment made me very happy. Making modifications as a teacher really shows your ability to adapt, to be creative, and to be fun in the way you tailor to specific needs, all the while enhancing the experience of everyone in your class.

Also, I was amazed how versatile an idea can be. The lesson I used was originally thought up by me while working in a workplace essentials level grade nine/ten class. (Sidenote, my FAVOURITE class to work with).

And yet, with some modifications, changes, I was able to make that lesson into not only a lesson that would be enjoyable and beneficial to an ACADEMIC class, but to modify it further for a gifted student

(Pats self on the back)

Joking. Sort of. I just love it. I think it works too, so thats exciting.

Guess we will see!

1 comment:

  1. Applied/Workplace kids = best kids. They make my life.

    (Pats Dave on back)

    ReplyDelete